Transferring contacts to your Gmail account can be very useful. First of all, or by saving them on Gmail, you are sure not to lose them in case something happens to your phone. In addition to this, by saving your contacts on Gmail you have the possibility to create a “centralized” address book.
Thanks to the centralized address book, all your devices that you connect to that Gmail account have your address book, and every time you go to add new contacts or make changes, these changes go to all devices and not just one. Here is how to transfer contacts from sim to Gmail.
Here’s how to proceed to transfer contacts from sim to Gmail
- Open the address book on your smartphone.
- Now click on the menu (the menu button is different from smartphone to smartphone), in our case we click on the three dots button located at the top right.
- This drop-down window opens, click on Import / Export.
- Click on Import from SIM card (in order to take the contacts in the SIM address book)
- Then choose the contacts to import (or select All). Wait for them to be imported. If it asks you which account to import them to, then select Gmail. Wait for the import to complete.
Done. You can now find the contacts on your Gmail account. Open your email. Click on the arrow at the top left, next to the word Gmail. Then click on Contacts and you will be directed to all the contacts saved a moment ago.