WED SEPT 28 8PM - 8:30PM DOWNSTAIRS THEATRE
The workshop will focus on building relationships, social interactions and awareness of spatial boundaries through conscious movement. Through a variety of exercises ideal for any level, the workshop will focus on enhancing creativity and innovation. No prior dance experience necessary.
Swarali Karulkar is a world-renowned dancer/choreographer who recently graduated with a MFA in Dance Therapy from Pratt University. Here are some of her esteemed career highlights:
- Dancing since age of 6, trained in BharatNatyam, Kathak, Maharashtrian Folk, Contemporary, Jazz, bits and pieces of Latin and Jazz Funk
- Choreographer for Hypokrit production's Romeo and Juliet
- Performed at Jacob's Pillow, New York Live arts festival, Lower East side arts festival, Saipaff
- Associate Choreographer to Akram Khan for Monsoon Wedding the musical
- Choreographer/Performer for Mystic India the world tour
- Teacher for Aatma performing arts, Junoon, Ajna, Rhythm India
- Dance Movement Therapist and Certified Fitness Instructor
- Finalist of Asia's Biggest Dance Reality Show, 'Dance India Dance season 4' and On screen mentor for 'Dance India dance, L'il Masters Season 3'
- Top 5 for 'Just Dance', Star Plus, judged by Hrithik Roshan
- Choreographer and Performer for other big reality shows, Jhalak Dikhlaja, Nach Baliye, DID super moms, India's got talent, Boogie Woogie and others
- Assistant Choreographer to Ahmed Khan for Heropanti, Ek Paheli Leela
- Teacher for Shiamak Davar and Indian Rhythmic gymnasts for the Common Wealth games